Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Saturday, July 01, 2023

A WEEK

 Saturday, June 24, 2023


Dear Sandy,


I am a decisive person. I make up my mind to something and I do it. Since poor balance is my new nemesis, I have to think about which foot goes where, when I stand up. While blessed Ann recovers, I have to decide, to empty the dishwasher or make breakfast. Put the pots and pans in the drain board before the dishwasher or wait until after lunch. Standing up, do I get up first and then push the chair back, or push it back first and then stand up. I am just in “sixes and sevens” about what to do.


Ann is healing quite clearly each day. I am proud of her to staying in bed and then getting up for small doses of email answering. The big test is how much weight can she put on her left leg before pain sets in.


We get wonderful help from our church members and friends. Claudia brought us whole cooked chicken and. “fixins” dinner plus pink tulips flowers. Roz got our special olive oils and took my red, blue and green winter sweaters to be dry cleaned and will pick them up. Jan took me grocery shopping on Tuesday and carried the goodies up the fifty steps to our kitchen. Dani and Iris brought us us home baked cookies, a bowl of apples and flowers. Michael and Rory brought us bottles of sweet and dry vermouths for our favourite boozes.


As a general rule don’t linger more than15 minutes when visiting the sick. We have had a few abusers.


Here is my daily schedule. Up at 5 AM Breakfast for two, set out prunes and orange health drink for Ann, empty dishwasher and take a nap. Then I write for an hour and prepare lunch for Ann and me. Nap. Read, Cocktails, prepare dinner, eat dinner, fill up the dishwasher, watch Netflix shows and to bed by 11PM. Ann reads in bed. She also has been watching Jane Austen novels written for TV. I do some exercises each day. To the gym on Wednesday. 


About twice a month we entertain friends feeding them Thai, Indian, Mexican, Pizza or Chinese take out. We make them clear the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher. They cheerily help.


We are very happy that Sarah and Leigh are coming to visit next week. They are always so helpful while they're here. Maybe more so this year, We will dine at Harris’ restaurant, my fav, on Wednesday next week. Poor Ann will still be confined to bed.


I see that Putin is harassed by internal military mercenaries to make it harder to fight the Ukrainians. Good, I guess. I still hate war.


All for now,


All love,


Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home