Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Friday, May 27, 2011

NETANYAHUS' VISIT - MORE

Responses to my email about the Netanyahu visit. I copied Rabbi Lerner’s quote from an earlier letter to me.

With Israel’s Prime Minister Netanyahu’s visit to the United States I have received a number of emails from friends in support of Israel. I replied to one ….reiterating my long held and unwavering position. Years ago I said, “I am a Palestinian.” -Robert Warren Cromey

“No, Mr. Netanyahu! Americans Don’t Support Your Intransigence and Rejection of a Plausible Path to Peace. We stand with President Obama on Peace Negotiations.” – Rabbi Michael Lerner

Here are the replies I received to my “I am a Palestinian statement.”

Robert: I stand with you ........ a Palestinian.

I am with you 100 % and have been for many years.

AMEN!

Good for you for sticking your neck out.

Glad you're not a giraffe.

well said, comrade!

The US Congress pandering to Netanyahu was ludicrous.

Yes, and very sad. I believe Israel does not want and will do everything it can to prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.

On this, as on so many other subjects, I am with you all the way.

The leading and most effective anti-Zionists are ‘Jews’.

I am heartened knowing someone besides myself isn't lockstep with the Israeli party line that has captured and imperiled the US for a very long time.

Here is the last letter I received from Jewish Voice for Peace…. Here is their website <info@jewishvoiceforpeace.org>

Both sides seem to have very stiff necks, but Israel's is stiffer. And as long as that continues, there'll be no resolution. Hopefully, though, the people/individuals themselves will keep trying to meet face-to-face and get to know each other as human beings.

Here is the only negative:

Well, you are entitled to your opinion. I think you are way off base.

Returning Gaza accomplished nothing except more rockets.

I completely agree with Netnanyahu when he asked, "would you live with that?". By the way, would you?

And I would never negotiate with anyone who is dedicated to my destruction.

What would happen to Israel if the Palestinians had military superiority. There would be no negotiations.

I am sure there were other negative responses but I did not get them. I was particularly delighted with so many positive emails. The People opposed to Israeli policies and U.S. pandering to the Israeli government are not as public as those who support them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home