Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

NEWSOM DOESN'T LOSE

 


The following letter that I wrote was published in the San Francisco Chronicle last week.


California Governor Gavin Newsom did not get recalled. The Republican effort to oust him failed. “You Can’t Fool All of the People All of the Time.” The governor is imperfect like the rest of us. He has faced issues of virus, fires, education and a myriad of others. He has done well and not to everyone’s satisfaction. He has my satisfaction and admiration. Republicans tried to fool all the Californians into thinking Newsom as incompetent all the time. Most Californians voted not to be fooled all the time by lies, exaggerations and hoaxes.


I think that was a good summary of what happened.


I like the publicity and minor notoriety the letters provide. People have often said, “I like your letter in today’s paper.” I asked them what did I write? They usually replied, “Oh, I forgot.” In the 80s and 90s my letters were signed with Rector of Trinity. That was a bit of publicity for the church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home