Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Saturday, July 01, 2023

TRANSGENDER AND POWER

 Transgender is confusing for all of us. At Trinity we had Alice She had been a male journalist. Married and had two children. When she became Alice she brought her son to church.  One day the boy came up to me and asked, "Have you seen Alice, my Dad?"


The first time I saw raw male power was when I was in seminary 1953-56. The movement was in the air to ordain women to the  priesthood of the Episcopal church. I witnessed ridicule, sexism and lying by clergymen that women should not be ordained. It took 20 more years before the first women were ordained. I was an early supporter, in the 60s, of the ordination of women.


Male dominance has been a menace to women but also to many men not driven to power and money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home