Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Killing

Dear Friends,

I sent the following letter to the SF Chronicle this morning. They have not published one of my many letters since January. My job is to write and send my opinions. Their job is to publish them or not.

I will add here a bit about my Christian value system that motivates my writing on this topic. The Chronicle probably will not publish my faith perspective so I usually leave it out when I send them my letters.

As a follower of Jesus the revolutionary, I believe that caring or the poor, disenfranchised, the sick and dying is the essence of our ethics and morality. That is what flows from our worship in word and sacrament. We go out into the world to love and serve all the people. I believe violence only begets violence, thus I am against war. It is that simple for me. That is the background for writing the enclosed.

Another letter to the San Francisco Chronicle:

This business of sending more troops is about getting out of the war, annihilating Taliban and al Qaeda, stabilizing Afghanistan, containing costs and making our country safe. Editorials and letters extol or decry the president’s effort. Few commentators mention the killing of human beings, civilian men, women, children, the elderly and infirm as well as the soldiers of the United States and Afghanistan. Intensifying the war will result in the deaths of thousands upon thousands of human beings. I do not think the stated ends justify the necessary killing of all those human beings.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ikazabylu.ibnsites.com/vowylym.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home