Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

SAME GENDER MARRIAGE


The “Supremes” have lurched their way into the 18th Century and makes it possible for same gender people to marry and have full rights and benefits due all Americans. I did the first blessing of a lesbian couple at St. Aidan’s in 1969. We have come a long way to do what is just and right for all Americans.  I don’t see my marriage to Ann threatened by the gay and lesbian couples with children whom we know.

I am thrilled that so many of our friends can be legally married. How many people died of AIDS by not being allowed to marry had unsafe sex and felt hopeless to enter into permanent relationships?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot see why this has become such an issue. God alone has the right to judge. I hear people who are sure the bible says no, but none has shown me where. Hmmm...

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Rev. Robert Warren Cromey for your support of LGBT people over the decades. It's people like you that paved the way for my (and others) own activism which I started in 1972 here in Canada. Much love, Roger Toronto, Canada

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home