Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Thursday, May 28, 2020

I AM A DEMOCRAT

 I choose to be a Democrat. Both parties fall way short of the values I cherish. I believe all moral choice is ambiguous. I choose to be a Democrat because their values fall more closely to the ones I adhere to. I am a serious Christian and follower of the ethics of Jesus. Peace, care for the poor, the sick and those seeking justice are those basic values. 
Democrats held slaves, turned back Jews from the U.S. who were later exterminated, bombed Nagasaki and Hiroshima and interned Japanese Americans during WWII.

They also provided jobs during the depression, founded Social Security for retirees and have moved toward medical care for all. They continue to support the United Nations , which promote peace.

I do not argue politics. My 86 year old brother, a retired Episcopal priest, is a Republican. I am not going to change his mind. Few people I know change theirs either. I read as little opinion as possible, never watch TV news and only read newspapers and magazines. I read a lot of books and enjoy streaming movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home