Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Sunday, February 21, 2021

90 YEARS OLD I AM

 Sunday, February 21, 2021


ON -  NINETY  - 90


I looked forward to being 90 and now here I am. I don’t see and clear goals for my future. I am not planning on becoming 100. Nagging pain in my back and left hip are a burden but manageable now. Chances are my eyesight, mind and balance will not improve. I plan to live fully each day, stay in the here and now and enjoy every moment I can. I enjoy looking back over my years and take pleasure in most of them.


I plan to stay healthy, keep my weight stable and eat enjoyably and sensibly. Staying home more is always pleasant as we have a lovely warm and comfortable home. We have wonderful colors on the walls, rugs, furniture and decorations that are pleasing and in good taste. Our home makes me happy and comfortable.


The key to good and healthy living is to be thankful for everything, especially for the unearned gifts - our bodies, brains, arms, legs, sex parts, sight, hearing, taste and touch and vision. Certainly we are thankful for our loved ones, friends, family, work, money, art, music and homes. I am thankful for our country, political stability and safety. Being thankful keeps us from the arrogant notion that we are owed anything or that we earned all we have. Some of us thank God for all our gifts.


The greatest unearned gift in my life is Ann. I did not earn or deserve her. We met and married about two years later. She loves and supports me. She showers me with kisses, affection and delicious sex. She tells me she feels like I am a gift to her. At my age I am above fortunate to have her as my wife, lover and companion. She is a grace, God free gift to me, undeserved and free. I am eternally grateful.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home