Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Prayer and Worship Items

To pray is to pay attention or, shall we say, to listen to someone or something other than one's self.

Haiku: He has never seen God,/but once or twice, he believes/ he has head Him.

-W. H. Auden quoted in The New Yorker. 11/14/11.

Why I go to Church! I go to re-member, re-connect myself to Jesus, Martin Luther, MLK, JFK, my parents and grandson dead of an overdose, my daughters and grandchildren in New England etc etc - when I drink some wine after a taste of bread. I do love to sing. Church is the only place in town where one can sing with others. I also like being with people that I like and some whom I'd never meet otherwise. That's the catholicity of church. -RWC

1 Comments:

Blogger jim thornton said...

I liked the dissonance between "He believes" and the capital H in "Him". www.ripe-tomato.com

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home