Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

THE BISHOP TRIES TO SILENCE ME

Dear Members of St.John’s


I met on zoom today with Bishop Andrus. He told me that Kevin Deal has filed a complaint against me. He alleges that I have done actions unbecoming a priest of the Episcopal Church. I have not been shown the allegations against me. I assume they are rooted in my criticism of the cruel way that Deacon Jackie Cherry was banished from attending her church of 32 years. Yes, I was and am very critical and angry about how Jackie was treated.


I have not had an opportunity to respond to those complaints. Nevertheless, the Bishop has ordered me to cease sending postings, or otherwise distributing emails, media releases, blog posts or other writings regarding Kevin Deal or Jackie Cherry, or the people SJE.


I am to cease any contact with former or current parishioners of SJE.


Now Ann and I have been members of St. John’s for twenty years. Some of our closest friends are members and many others are dear friends. Ann and Leah Forbes formed a Book Club. I have preached many sermons and celebrated the Eucharist, performed the wedding for Dani and Jamie and preached at Toby Wiggins funeral. In addition, I have counselled the bereaved and been a pastoral counsellor to many. I have helped with fund raising and Ann and I are generous pledgers.


I do not plan to follow the Bishop’s admonition about not being in contacting with you all. I believe in the freedom of speech and your discriminating intelligence


Ann and I look forward to returning to worship at SJE when a new vicar is appointed and elected.


If you wish to agree or disagree with the bishop  he has assured me he reads his email bishopmarc@diocal.org. 

My email is robcro904@gmail.com


Sincerely,


Robert 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home