Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Thursday, October 17, 2024

TWO OLD MOVIES

 Tuesday night I watched The Birds directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Huge flocks of birds begin attacking human beings even get into a home. Loud screening bids are seen attacking  children, cars and even a burning gas. station. It is bizarre and scary. I turned the sound down and looked away a lot, I could bear watching the movie and enjoy the bad acting and absurd horror plot.


Wednesday evening I watched The Deer Hunter. A young Meryl Streep, Robert DiNero and Christopher Walken were the major actors. During the first half hour there is a beautiful Russian Orthodox wedding and boisterous reception and dancing. It is an anti-Vietnam war film. There are scenes of American soldier, killing civilians and using Napalm. American prisoners of war are humiliated and tortured. I often averted my eyes and turned the volume low. The final scene takes place after the funeral of one of the veterans, one with no legs and one returned hero, with their family and friends singing softly, God Bless America. This movie increased my NO WAR conviction.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home