Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Thursday, January 04, 2024

PHOTO INTERCESSIONS

 Photo Intercessions


Praying for family, friends and church members can be forgotten or tedious. I know, I have been doing it for 90 plus years. I have found photos helpful.


Near my computer desk is a bulletin board with  bunch of photos. 

I see pictures of Ann, my three daughters, my brother, grandchildren their spouses and beloveds and a host of other people. Taking a moment to look at each picture, thank yous and gratitudes spring to mind. The photo helps me pause for a moment, feel grounded and then pray.


Praying for the members of my church, I take out the roster and pray for each member listed. Some churches have a photo next to each name on the roster. That helps focus the prayer.


Each week I take home the names of those seeking our prayers, which appear in the Sunday Bulletin. I pray for thos who seek healing, comfort in bereavement or who have died.


There is no right way to pray for others. Every day, once a week, a month or never. The eternal creator doesn’t care what we do. Our divine creator nurtures and loves us all, all the time, believe it or not. We pray in the name of Jesus.


Prayer works on us, not on god.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home