Cromey Online

The writings of author, therapist, and priest Robert Warren Cromey.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Government in Health Care

A conservative friend wrote me recently that the government should not be involved in health care. I responded:

I want the government to run health care for 45 million American children and adults whom private insurance and the free market have failed in doing. I am happy to be on government run Medicare that not one Republican voted for in 1966. My friends who are veterans are happy to get virtually free government run health care in government run hospitals, clinics and life-care facilities. I even know two physicians who work in Veterans hospitals and are quite satisfied with the care they can provide to patients and the salaries they can bring home and the regular schedules they can keep to be with their families and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home